Thursday, April 25, 2013

Lest We Forget...


I'm sorry I'm so late to post! - like, late by a whole day!!  Had a wonderful ANZAC Day today, going to a local dawn service (Okay, an 8am dawn service!) and breakfast BBQ at the park, and then spending some time together with our little family - James off work and all (yay!!)

On Monday night we had Family Night as usual, and for the lesson, we talked about the ANZACs.  I LOVED teaching our girls about our country, and about those who have sacrificed so much for us to live in peace in our communities today.

I was excited to take them to a service now that they're old enough to comprehend at least the reverence and respect of the occassion.  I loved teaching them to say 'lest we forget' at the end of the poem.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

Lest we forget.

5 comments: