Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday Motivation

"Shortly after the death of Sister Marjorie P. Hinckley in April 2004, her son, Clark, attended an auxiliary leadership meeting in the stake over which he presided and where I resided.  In addressing the group of women he paid tribute to the women of the Church in general and to his mother specifically.  He talked of his mother's many accomplishments.  It was an imposing list.  Then he added, "Don't forget, sisters, that it took her ninety-two years to do it all.""

- From 'The Ultimate Career' (2005, Artistic Printing), a book by Daryl Hoole and Daughters



2 comments:

  1. The difficulty though, is that I'm almost a third of the way there and I doubt I've done a third of what she did... lol!

    But never mind, we'll just keep plugging away, huh? :)

    xo Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sister Hinckley! I often think of her and miss her. What a wonderful lady she was! I think that her greatest accomplishment was just to be her! She didn't just act kindly, cheerfully, faithfully - she actually was all of those things and owned so many other attributes. I think that she was the actual accomplishment of a life particularly well lived.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete