Tuesday, August 7, 2012

the beach

We are lucky enough to live in one of the prettiest places in the world. Just a short drive down the road and you hit some of the nicest beaches in our country. But how often do you live in a place (that people come from all over the world to visit) and forget to get out of the house and go and visit it yourself? Sadly I think we fall into this category sometimes.

But this last weekend, we spent the whole weekend on the coast with some friends. It was only the weekend, but it felt relaxing and like we were on holidays. 


Our kids just L.O.V.E. the beach. It's simple, relaxing, tranquil and breathtaking in one take. Just the sand between your toes while paddling in the water brings such a smile and memories to my face. We grew up going to the beach every summer and it is a tradition I would love to pass onto our kids.

So this summer I'm going to make a commitment to make sure we regularly visit the beach. It's a great source of entertainment for the kids and also us BIG kids too :)




This week I have linked up to one of my favourite blogs, to celebrate the "Simple Things".



Enjoy,
Jessima xo

2 comments:

  1. Aw how beautiful is that picture of little J?? :) Cutie!! Great photos, Jess! Sounds like a fabulous weekend, just gorgeous!! I know, I should pack our beach bags and have them ready in the car this Summer so we can duck down to the beach whenever we feel like it!! I think we should also take more advantage of Southbank - the new children's water play area totally rocks. The best things to do in Brisbane are free for sure!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the beach! And I love J too! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete