- 2 carrots, diced (I don't think I'll ever forget this, because I thought it said 'sliced'. So I sliced them. And then I realised it said 'diced'. So I diced every annoying slice!!! - Did I mention I did a double recipe?? lol)
- 1 onion, sliced (for real, sliced. I think that's what I read when I was doing the carrots :P)
- A can of diced tomatoes (I opened one of my cans of 'diced' tomatoes, and they were whole! - So I wiggled a knife around in there for a bit. Yes, I'm sure the can says 'diced'.)
- 1kg of diced lamb (I used beef, but only because it's cheaper.. did I mention I was doing a double?! - I want it for dinner at least tomorow night, also!)
- Oh, and a Moroccan Lamb Casserole McCORMIC Slow Cookers Recipe Base... :)
|All photos from www.mccormick.com.au|
Then you do whatever you want all day (I opted to go to the park with 3 of my favourite friends and their gorgeous bubs), and come home to the mouthwatering aroma of Moroccan!! :) Yay!!! :) On the back of the recipe base it suggests you serve on a bed of cous cous topped with yoghurt and toasted almonds, but James is anti cous cous so we serve it on a bed of rice, but DEFINITELY do the yoghurt and almonds thing, mmmmmmmm :) And they're yummy and classy, so you can have them when people are coming over for dinner. I highly recommend this - they cut the stress cause you prepare it in the morning and can spend time before they come over cleaning up, or more importantly, cooking dessert :)
So my slow cooker + McCORMICK Slow Cookers recipe bases = an AWESOME cook :)
Another one of their slow cooker bases I've made and we all LOVE (including my 1 and 2 year olds!) is their Mild Chicken Curry! - Easy peasy!! :)
But there are lots to try!!
And here's a screenshot from the mccormick.com.au website:
Doesn't it all look crazy appetising?! It does to me. I think what makes my mouth water the most is knowing by experience how EASY they all are!!! :)
1 last thing I love about slow cookers: Eating the food at night, it feels like someone else made it for you, which always makes it taste better ;)
If you're not so keen on a recipe base but slow cookers intrigue you, I'll have to share my favourite non recipe based slow cooker recipe some other time - almost just as easy! But for now - go! Have fun! - Go out for the day! Just remember to chuck your dinner in the slow cooker and switch 'on' first :)
PS: 2 cooking posts, and only 1 about children's books from me so far. Totally out of character.